Tomorrow, the Florida House will consider and debate a Florida Chamber-backed bill (HB 451) that will help support and strengthen the film, television and digital media industry. The House Floor will consider expanding the entertainment industry tax credit program in an effort to attract more film, television and digital media projects to Florida. HB 451 was “temporarily postponed” last week. Therefore, if you took action before, we need your help again!
If the bill advances on Tuesday afternoon, a final vote on HB 451 may occur as early as Wednesday, April 22, 2015.
Click the button below to contact your legislator and urge them to support HB 451.
HB 451, sponsored by Rep. Mike Miller (R – Orlando), will:
- Help fuel jobs and economic growth,
- Help maintain technical jobs in our state,
- Continue showcasing our state through television and movies, and
- Help make Florida more competitive with neighboring states, such as Georgia, which has a booming film and television industry.
Take Action Now
Send an email to your Representative voting on HB 451. Don’t wait, as the Florida House will consider and debate the bill tomorrow.
What You Need To Know:
- This is a very important week for HB 451, after being delayed last week.
- We need you to send an email to legislators now!
- Opposition to this bill has been strong. WE NEED YOUR HELP.
- HB 451 is the HOUSE version of the support film jobs in Florida bill. Every State Representative will have a chance to discuss this bill.
- SB 1046 is the SENATE version of the bill. SB 1046 has passed two of its first three SENATE committees, so far. The third committee hearing has not been set. (more info coming soon).
- All votes must be in favor of moving the bill forward, or the issue dies.
- Both bills must be identical and pass the House and Senate to be considered by the Governor as a new Florida law.
- In order for this bill to pass, you should communicate with lawmakers every step of the way.
- We will send you alerts like this to help as the issue progresses.