Certificate of Free Sale

Does Your Company Need Verification That Exports Are Freely Marketed Without Restriction and Approved For Sale in the United States and Florida?

Some foreign governments require a “Certificate of Free Sale.”  These are sometimes also referred to as a “Certificate for Export” or “Certificate to Foreign Governments.” The Florida Chamber of Commerce can issue you a Certificate of Free Sale, evidence that a product was manufactured in, packaged, or distributed from the state of Florida freely without restriction, and approved by the regulatory authorities in the country of origin (United States). Products include:

  • General Manufactured Goods
  • Machinery and Equipment
  • Commercially Prepared Food (ready to eat)
  • Cosmetics and Medical Devices


The Florida Chamber does not offer Certificates of Free sale for raw agricultural commodities, dairy products, poultry or meat products, dietary supplements, human/animal drugs or biologics, or ingestible/edible CBD products. Please contact the FDA for more information. 


U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

FDA processes certificates for food, food additives, seafood, dietary supplements and cosmetics, human or animal drugs, biologics, and medical devices. FDA website offers FDA point of contact broken out by product and step-by-step instructions for obtaining a certificate can be found on the FDA website.

3-Step Process for Applying for a Certificate of Free Sale

Step 1: Gather Required Documentation

  1. Letter from manufacturer on the letterhead of manufacturer attesting to the source of manufacturing for all products listed in the certificate (submitted once every 12 months).
    The manufacture’s name must be the exact name as it appears on all government issued licenses and registration. If you are a bulk distributor and unable to submit a letter from each manufacturer directly, you must submit a notarized declaration issued on your own company’s letterhead attesting to the source of manufacturing (name and address of manufacturer).
  2. Two copies of invoice(s) of each product(s) showing the sale of each product to a U.S. customer.
    The invoices should be dated within the last 12 months and the product names must be the same as how they will appear on the certificate. If the invoice contains products that are not applicable to the certificate you must highlight the products that are.

A sample application package that includes examples of required letters is available here for download.

Step 2: Complete and Submit the Certificate of Free Sale Application and Submit Required Documentation.

Please note that incomplete applications will be automatically rejected. The Florida Chamber conducts due diligence and verifies submitted documentation.  If we are unable to verify that your company or manufacturer (s) is/are legally registered to operate, your application will be rejected.

All required letters and invoices can be uploaded as part of the application.

Step 3: Pay Exporter Service Fee

  • Certificate of Free Sale
    • Member Rate: $60 Per Certificate
    • Non-Member Rate:  $80 Per Certificate
    • $60.00 Additional Per Certificate

All fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable. Each certificate covers the first 100 products, orders exceeding this amount will be charged $25 for each additional certificate. Once all requested information has been submitted, please allow a 3 – 5 business day review process to be completed before receiving your approved documents without an apostille. If an apostille is needed, please allow 5-7 business days.



Questions? Please Contact the Florida Chamber International Trade Office via email at International@flchamber.com


Ashley Odham

The Florida Chamber of Commerce offers Certificates of Origin and Certificates of Free Sale for products in most industries.

The Florida Chamber of Commerce IS NOT a government entity. It is important to note that these certificates are not in lieu of any government issued certificate. It is an addendum to any and all other document requirements.  Please check with the foreign governing agency to verify documentary requirements.


Back to top button