The Florida Chamber Political Institute (FCPI), the research-based arm of the Chamber’s political operations department, understands that the candidate selection process is vital. Our engagement efforts begin by recruiting and electing pro-business, pro-jobs candidates, chosen by rigorous candidate interview sessions — Florida’s most thorough and well-respected pro-business candidate review processes. FCPI travels statewide and interviews hundreds of new candidates — in addition to reviewing each candidate’s completed questionnaire. Incumbent candidates are evaluated on a rigorous set of factors, including legislator grades on the voting records. This helps the Florida Chamber advocate for candidates who have Florida’s future as a priority.
Political Assistance Provided to FCPI Members Includes:
- Identifying, educating and training future candidates
- Interviewing all candidates running for office
- Conducting political research that reflects pro-business causes and candidates
- Hosting briefings to keep members abreast of issue trends and candidate viability
- Providing training to executive lobbyists
- Offering political counsel and recommendations to Florida businesses
- Polling Florida voters to identify views and trends
- Offering customized and specialized issue research
Florida Chamber Political Institute Advisory Council
- Mike Bjorklund (Chair), Florida Electric Cooperatives Association
- Jennifer Green, Liberty Partners of Tallahassee, LLC
- Adam Basford, Florida Farm Bureau
- Bob Asztalos, Florida Health Care Association
- Mark Delegal, Delegal Aubuchon Consulting
- Kim McGlynn, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- Rheb Harbison, Capitol Insights, Inc.
- Tom Pennekamp, SunTrust
Become a Member of the Florida Chamber Political Institute
Contact Marian Johnson at 850. 521.1241 to find out how you can join us in the arena and help our state remain competitive.