Sense of Place & Community News That Matters to You
Politics, Practicality, Price: Across Florida, Rural students put off by perceived weaknesses of higher education
Rural students are far less likely than urban and suburban peers to go to college, and the divide is growing deeper in places across Florida. If they do go, rural students are less likely to choose four-year universities, and they’re more likely to drop out. Many hail from deep-red counties in the economic lurch — the same places where, in major polls, people say they’re disillusioned with higher education..
Click here for information on the research findings.
Tell Us What You Think
More News for You
- The Future of Florida’s Rural Communities
Florida Chamber Foundation
- Art and Culture Grow for Fourth Straight Year
Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Cohousing movement fights isolation
- Rural Communities’ Untapped Potential for Growth
- Mayors to Young America: ‘Can We Talk?’
- How ‘Bike Friendly’ is Your State?
- Most and Least Diverse States in America