Tomorrow, the House Economic Affairs Committee will hear a Florida Chamber-backed bill (HB 451) that will help save local jobs and businesses underpinned by the Entertainment Industry Tax Credit Program, by attracting more film, television and digital media projects to Florida.
HB 451, Sponsored by Rep. Mike Miller (R – Orlando), Will:
- Help fuel jobs and economic growth,
- Help maintain technical jobs in our state,
- Continue showcasing our state through television and movies, and
- Help make Florida more competitive with neighboring states, such as Georgia, which has a booming film and television industry.
Send an email to five key Representatives voting on HB 451. Don’t wait, as lawmakers will vote on the bill at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, April 8, 2015.
What You Need To Know:
- This is the final committee stop for the House version of the bill. If HB 451 is approved, it’s next stop is a full Senate Floor vote.
- We need you to send an email to legislators now!
- Opposition to this bill has been strong. WE NEED YOUR HELP.
- HB 451 is the HOUSE version of the support film jobs in Florida bill. This is the third of three HOUSE committee votes before the entire Florida House of Representatives gets to vote on the issue.
- SB 1046 is the SENATE version of the support film jobs in Florida bill. SB 1046 has passed two of its first three SENATE committees, so far. The third committee hearing has not been set, but can be announced as soon as this week (more info coming soon).
- All committee votes must be in favor of moving the bill forward, or the issue dies.
- Both bills must be identical and pass the House and Senate to be considered by the Governor as a new Florida law.
- In order for this bill to pass, you should communicate with lawmakers every step of the way.
- We will send you alerts like this to help as the issue progresses.