Transportation, Growth & Infrastructure Summit: LIVE
Transportation, Growth and Infrastructure Summit | 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Registration and Breakfast | 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks | 9:00 a.m.
Welcome to Broward
– Representative Chip LaMarca, Florida House District 93
State of Play: Why Infrastructure Matters
– Mark Wilson, President & CEO, Florida Chamber of Commerce
Connecting & Growing Economic Opportunity Across Florida
– Ananth Prasad, President, Florida Transportation Builders’ Association, Inc.
Understanding Florida’s Transportation Plan: M-CORES & More
– Introduction: David Sweeney, P.E., President & CEO, RS&H
– Secretary Kevin Thibault, P.E., Florida Department of Transportation
Uniting Business for Good: A South Florida Approach
– Humberto Alonso, Jr., VP, Sr. Regional Business Development Director, Atkins Global; Executive Committee, South Florida Business Council
– Christine Barney, CEO, rbb Communications; Chair, South Florida Business Council
– Rick Reikenis, President of Reikenis & Associates, LLC; Chair, Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches
Growing Florida as a Global Hub: Moving Freight & People
– Moderator: Doug Wheeler, President & CEO, Florida Ports Council
– David Anderton, Deputy Director, Port Everglades
– Ken Armstrong, President & CEO, Florida Trucking Association
– Patrick Goddard, President, Virgin Trains USA
A Technology Company Delivering Energy to Move Florida Forward
– Eric Silagy, President & CEO, Florida Power & Light
Autonomous Florida: Innovative Transportation & Smart Cities
– Facilitator: Chris Emmanuel, Director of Infrastructure & Governance Policy, Florida Chamber of Commerce
– Beth Kigel, Vice President, HNTB
– Lisa Nisenson, Vice President, New Mobility & Connected Communities, WGI
Investing in Florida’s 5G Future
– Joe York, President, AT&T Florida
Building Communities for All Floridians
– Al Dougherty, COO – Communities, Babcock Ranch
Is Florida Resilient Enough for 2030?
– Julia Nesheiwat, Ph.D., Chief Resilience Officer, Executive Office of the Governor, Florida
The Economic Engine that is Broward County
– Moderator: Bob Swindell, President & CEO, Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance
– Monica Cepero, Deputy County Administrator, Broward County Board of County Commissioners
– Mark Gale, CEO/Director of Aviation, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
– Gerry O’Reilly, District Four Secretary, Florida Department of Transportation
Ensuring Freight Moves Safely & Efficiently
– Rickey Fitzgerald, Freight & Multimodal Operations Manager, Florida Department of Transportation
– Rob Palmer, Planning Group Leader, RS&H
Preparing Florida’s Environment for the 21st Century
– Noah Valenstein, Secretary, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Florida’ Headwinds, Tailwinds & What’s Next
– Jerry Parrish, Ph.D., Chief Economist & Director of Research, Florida Chamber Foundation
– John Kaliski, Principal, Cambridge Systematics Inc.