The economic relationship between Florida and the United Kingdom is already strong. The UK is a major export market for Florida in goods and services, which supports thousands of Florida jobs. A highly sophisticated, developed, and diversified market, the United Kingdom has the fifth-largest economy in the world and second largest in Europe.
- $1,492,428,415 Florida origin exports in 2017
- $3,592,646,357 Florida service exports to the UK
The UK offers diverse opportunities for the Florida business community offering opportunities in goods and services sectors, specifically in:
- Bio Science/Life Science
- Cyber Security
- Higher Education
UK Investment to Florida
The UK consistently ranks as Florida’s top investment partner, there are 629 UK businesses in Florida, employing over 51,000 Floridians. UK companies in Florida make up a variety of industry sectors including aviation/aerospace, transportation, hospitality and financial services.
UK Firms in Florida:
- Intercontinental Hotel Group- Hotel/Lodging
- Airclaims- Financial Services
- Synergy Health- Medical equipment services
- Severn Trent Services- Water treatment services
- BAE Systems- Military equipment manufacturer
- Balfour Beatty- Construction services
- Aston Carter- Employment services
- Grant Thornton LLP- Accounting services
The UK has voted to leave the European Union. The separation is scheduled for 11 p.m. UK time on March 29, 2019. There will be a 21 month transition period beginning after the March 29, 2019 separation until December 2020. Free movement will continue throughout the transition period until the new post-Brexit rules are in place.
For more information, please contact Dan Tapia at 850-521-1206 or at firstname.lastname@example.org