Pension Reform and Florida’s Opioid Crisis Tops Discussion During Florida Chamber’s November Board of Governor’s Webinar Spotlighting Florida 2030
Thank you to those who were able to join us this week for the Florida Chamber’s Board of Governors monthly webinar. We appreciated the opportunity to share key information about the future of Florida’s quality of life and civic and governance systems and how the business community can get involved. The November call was the final in a series spotlighting Florida 2030, the Florida Chamber Foundation’s once-a-decade research report that will serve as the blueprint for Florida’s future.
Monday’s Webinar Featured:
- Celeste Philip, M.D., M.P.H, Surgeon General and Secretary, Florida Department of Health, who discussed Florida’s opioid crisis, and shared her expert insight on the effect prosperity, health and wellness have on Florida’s economy,
- The Honorable Lenny Curry, Mayor, City of Jacksonville, Florida, who shared how pension reform was successfully implemented in Jacksonville,
- John Fleming, Senior Consultant at North Highland, lead researchers on the Quality of Life/Quality Places and the Civic/Governance Systems pillars for the Florida 2030 project, provided an update on their research,
- Mark Wilson, President and CEO of the Florida Chamber of Commerce, who provided an overview of the Florida Chamber’s 2018 Jobs and Competitiveness Agenda, and
- Dr. Jerry Parrish, Chief Economist for the Florida Chamber Foundation, who reviewed the most recent jobs numbers, and provided a preview of the Florida Chamber Foundation’s upcoming Economic Outlook Summit.
The Florida Chamber needs your help in writing Florida’s next strategic plan. We invite you and members of your management team to help us in the development of the next Cornerstone Report: Florida 2030. Click here to share your input and feedback and help the Florida Chamber Foundation understand the challenges and opportunities impacting your community.
Be sure to mark your calendars for a special Board of Governors webinar on Thursday, December 14, at 2:00 p.m. EST, which will focus on the 2018 Florida Legislative Session and the Florida Chamber’s 2018 Florida Business Agenda. Our special guest will be Florida Governor Rick Scott, who will discuss the upcoming legislative session and his legislative priorities. Additional details and registration information will be provided in the coming weeks.
Florida’s Surgeon General Dr. Celeste Philip to Headline Florida Chamber’s Board of Governors Webinar
Improving Florida’s Quality of Life…Join the Discussion and Learn How You Can Help
Florida has much to offer its current and future residents. However, Florida’s unique quality of life – the root of its family-friendly brand – is constantly under attack from special interests and other challenges. Making Florida the best place to live, work, play and raise a family means making tough choices.
Please join the Florida Chamber as we continue the discussion about Florida’s future during our Statewide Board of Governors webinar on November 20 at 2:00 p.m. EST. Joining us for this month’s webinar is:
- Celeste Philip, M.D., M.P.H, Surgeon General and Secretary, Florida Department of Health, who will discuss Florida’s opioid crisis, and share her expert insight on the affect prosperity, health and wellness have on Florida’s economy,
- John Fleming, Senior Consultant at North Highlands, lead researchers on the Quality of Life/Quality Places and the Civic/Governance Systems pillars for the Florida 2030 project, will provide an update on their research, and
- Dr. Jerry Parrish, Chief Economist for the Florida Chamber Foundation, who will review the most recent jobs numbers.
The Florida Chamber is committed to fighting to keep Florida as great as it deserves to be for the families that call it home. Don’t miss this opportunity to LEARN, ENGAGE, and be a part of the SOLUTION. Contact Greg Blose to find out how you can join the Florida Chamber’s Statewide Board of Governors for a discussion about the future of Florida’s quality of life and civic & governance systems.
The Florida Chamber Foundation has moved into “Phase 2” of Florida 2030, our two-year, $1.8 million research initiative to write Florida’s next strategic plan, and we’re inviting your management team to help us write it. We encourage you to invite members of your management team, Board of Directors, local chambers of commerce and Economic Development Councils who would benefit from this valuable discussion.
Drive the Discussion
Do you have specific information you would like covered during this conference call? Send your suggestions to Greg Blose.