Sen. Jeff Brandes Discusses Diversifying Florida’s Economy on Bottom Line
Florida will continue to grow at a steady pace- in fact, between now and 2030 it’s estimated that there will be approximately 4-5 million new drivers on the road. Our state has a unique opportunity to meet challenges head on, like issues from infrastructure investments, building an innovation economy, ensuring we can diversify our economy and creating solar options for Floridians that make sense.
Click the video below to hear Sen. Jeff Brandes, 2016 Florida Chamber Honor Roll recipient, discuss these issues and more.
Want to hear more from Senator Brandes on military, defense and veteran opportunities? He will be a speaker at our annual Florida Chamber Foundation Military, Defense & Veterans Opportunities Summit on August 17 in St. Petersburg Florida. Click here to register or to learn more about the event.
Florida Chamber Endorses 14 Pro-Business, Pro-Jobs Candidates for the Florida House and Senate
TALLAHASSEE, FL (July 6, 2016) – The Florida Chamber of Commerce today announces 14 candidate endorsements in competitive races for the Florida House and Senate, and congratulates candidates elected without opposition.
Today’s latest round of endorsements is part of a larger Florida Chamber effort to help elect pro-jobs, pro-business candidates that support private-sector job creation and economic growth. Additional endorsements are forthcoming.
“Now, more than ever, Florida needs leaders in the Florida Legislature that will ensure the long-term needs of Florida’s families and small businesses are placed before short-term political fixes and special interest agendas,” said Marian Johnson, Senior Vice President of Political Operations for the Florida Chamber of Commerce.
Candidates endorsed today include:
- Senator Bill Montford
- Senator Travis Hutson
- Senator Jack Latvala
- Senator Jeff Brandes
- Senator Joe Negron
- Senator Rene Garcia
- Senator Anitere Flores
- Senator Dorothy Hukill
Florida House of Representatives:
- Representative Blaise Ingoglia
- Representative Ross Spano
- Representative Larry Ahern
- Representative Gayle Harrell
- Representative Jose Oliva
- Representative Bryan Avila
Endorsed incumbent candidates were evaluated on numerous factors, including their historical grades on the Florida Chamber’s Legislative Report Card. Additionally, the Florida Chamber Political Institute (FCPI) has hosted candidate interview sessions across Florida – interviewing more than 100 non-incumbent candidates.
Floridians can learn more about each candidate, key election dates and polling locations by visiting www.FloridaWins.org.
The Florida Chamber also congratulates Florida Chamber-backed candidates that were recently elected without opposition:
Florida House of Representatives:
- Representative Halsey Beshears (R-HD 7)
- Representative Cyndi Stevenson (R-HD 17)
- Representative Clovis Watson (D-HD 20)
- Representative Larry Metz (R-HD 32)
- Representative Richard Corcoran (R-HD 37)
- Representative Danny Burgess (R-HD 38)
- Representative Cary Pigman (R-HD 55)
- Representative Jake Raburn (R-HD 57)
- Representative James Grant (R-HD 64)
- Representative Dane Eagle (R-HD 77)
- Representative Larry Lee, Jr. (D-HD 84)
- Representative Bill Hager (R-HD 89)
- Representative Jim Boyd (R-HD 71)
- Senator Joseph Abruzzo (D-HD 81)
- Representative Bobby DuBose (D-HD 94)
- Senator Aaron Bean (R-SD 4)
- Senator David Simmons (R-SD 9)
- Senator Wilton Simpson (R-SD10)
- Senator Tom Lee (R-SD 20)
- Senator Bill Galvano (R-SD 21)
- Senator Denise Grimsley (R-SD 26)