Florida Chamber Endorses 34 Additional Pro-Business, Pro-Jobs Candidates for the Florida House and Senate
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (July 28, 2016) – Continuing on its efforts to elect pro-jobs, pro-business candidates, the Florida Chamber of Commerce today announces an additional 34 candidate endorsements in competitive races for the Florida Legislature. Today’s latest round of endorsements is part of a larger Florida Chamber effort to help elect candidates that support private-sector job creation and economic growth.
“Now more than ever, we are reminded that Florida is in a position to lead if we are brave enough to choose those who will put Florida’s long-term needs first,” said MARIAN JOHNSON, Senior Vice President of Political Operations for the Florida Chamber of Commerce. “We believe each Florida Chamber endorsed candidate will use their unique perspective to help grow jobs and economic opportunity for Floridians, and continue to make Florida the best play to visit, live, work and play.”
Candidates Endorsed Today for the Florida Senate Include:
- Senate District 01 Representative Doug Broxson (R)
- Senate District 08 Representative Keith Perry (R)
- Senate District 13 Dean Asher (R)
- Senate District 15 Bob Healy, Jr. (D)
- Senate District 18 Representative Dana Young (R)
- Senate District 29 Representative Kevin Rader (D)
Candidates Endorsed Today for the Florida House Include:
- House District 002 Frank White (R)
- House District 003 Jayer Williamson (R)
- House District 011 Sheri Treadwell (R)
- House District 012 Clay Yarborough (R)
- House District 016 Dick Kravitz (R)
- House District 019 Bobby Payne (R)
- House District 021 Chuck Clemons (R)
- House District 023 Stanley McClain, Jr. (R)
- House District 025 Tom Leek (R)
- House District 041 Sam Killebrew (R)
- House District 043 Ricardo Rangel (D)
- House District 052 Brian Hodgers (R)
- House District 053 Randy Fine (R)
- House District 054 Lange Sykes (R)
- House District 060 Rebecca Smith (R)
- House District 061 Dianne Hart (D)
- House District 068 Ben Diamond (D)
- House District 070 Wengay Newton, Sr. (D)
- House District 072 Alex Miller (R)
- House District 073 Joe Gruters (R)
- House District 080 Byron Donalds (R)
- House District 087 David Silvers (D)
- House District 088 Al Jacquet (D)
- House District 106 Robert Rommel (R)
- House District 108 Hemant “Henry” Patel (D)
- House District 112 Nick Duran (D)
- House District 114 John Couriel (R)
- House District 118 David Rivera (R)
Today’s candidate endorsement announcement brings the total number of Florida Chamber endorsed candidates to 110. To see a complete list of all candidates endorsed, click here.
Each candidate was evaluated through a rigorous candidate interview questionnaire and interview process. The Florida Chamber believes the only way to secure Florida’s future is by electing those candidates who put the long-term needs of our state ahead of short-term interests.
Floridians can visit www.FloridaWins.org to view videos of candidates running for House and Senate, get polling information, register to vote and more.
Florida Chamber Endorses Doug Holder for Senate District 17
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (June 22, 2016) – The Florida Chamber of Commerce today announces its endorsement of Doug Holder for Florida Senate District 23.
“As a state representative, Doug Holder consistently championed free-enterprise, and the Florida Chamber of Commerce believes he will bring that same spirit for free enterprise to the Florida Senate,” said Marian Johnson, Senior Vice President of Political Strategy at the Florida Chamber of Commerce. “The Florida Chamber is proud to endorse Doug Holder for the Florida Senate.”
Doug Holder’s strong pro-jobs, pro-business commitment to helping create private-sector jobs and moving Florida’s economy in the right direction are among the key reasons he has secured the Florida Chamber’s endorsement. During his tenure in the Florida House of Representatives, Holder consistently earned an “A” on the Florida Chamber’s annual Legislative Report Card.
“I am thrilled to, once again, be endorsed by the Florida Chamber,” Doug Holder said. “As a small business owner I understand the impact of excessive taxation and burdensome regulation. I know that I can always count on the Florida Chamber to be a partner in protecting Florida businesses.”
View the Florida Chamber’s recent list of endorsed candidates here. Additional endorsements are forthcoming.