The Florida Chamber Foundation team continues to build momentum behind the Florida 2030 Blueprint’s mission of securing Florida’s future as a top 10 global economy as our team prioritizes leading and participating in the strategic conversations that will help us achieve our mission. I’m proud to share with you an update on our Foundation team uniting leaders on the road to 2030 over the past month.
President Mark Wilson on the Road:
- Spoke to the Florida Board of Governors, State University System of Florida about the future of Florida at their 2023 Trustee Summit.
- Provided an outlook on Florida’s economy with Leadership Florida’s Connect Class 13 and Education Class.
- At Lake County’s Workforce Summit in a Box event, Mark lent his thought leadership on the importance of workforce development to improve talent outcomes in Florida. The Future of Work “Summit in a Box” toolkit was used as a guide to organize this event!
Senior Director of Future of Work Rachel Ludwig on the Road:
- Shared an overview of the Future of Work Florida Initiative along with the statewide “Top 30 in 2030” High Demand Careers list, noting the importance of technical colleges in preparing our workforce for future careers at the Technical College Directors at the Florida Association of Career & Technical Education (FACTE) meeting in Tallahassee.
- Spoke on a panel at the Lake County Workforce Summit.
- Joined a discussion on bringing more workforce programming to Gadsden County residents at a meeting hosted at the Tallahassee Community College Gadsden Center.
I would like to wrap up this update by welcoming Elisa Shepherd of The Learning Experience to the Board of Trustees. On behalf of the entire Board, we look forward to engaging with you on the solutions to grow and propel our great state!
Please make plans to join us for the first Board of Trustees Meeting of the fiscal year, held in conjunction with the 2024 Florida Chamber Legislative Fly-In, in Tallahassee January 9-10. If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to register for our January 10 Board of Trustees Meeting HERE> and the Legislative Fly-In HERE>.
Stay tuned for more updates next month on the momentum-building efforts of our Chamber Foundation team to secure Florida’s future.