Key Members of the Florida House
Need to Hear From You Now
Tomorrow, the House Economic Development & Tourism Subcommittee will take up HB 451, a Florida Chamber-backed bill that will help save local jobs and businesses underpinned by the Entertainment Industry Tax Credit Program, by attracting more film projects to Florida.
HB 451, sponsored by Rep. Mike Miller (R – Orlando), will:
- Help fuel jobs and economic growth,
- Help maintain technical jobs in our state,
- Continue showcasing our state through television and movies, and
- Help make Florida more competitive with neighboring states, such as Georgia, which has a booming film industry.
Click the button below to send an email to five key Representatives voting on HB 451. Don’t wait, as lawmakers will vote on the bill at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, March 18, 2015.
What You Need To Know:
- Representatives in this committee have been receiving emails urging them to oppose this bill, so your help is needed.
- HB 451 is the HOUSE version of the support film jobs in Florida bill. This is the first of three HOUSE committee votes before the entire Florida House of Representatives gets to vote on the issue.
- SB 1046 is the SENATE version of the support film jobs in Florida bill. SB 1046 has passed one of its first three SENATE committees, so far.
All committee votes must be in favor of moving the bill forward, or the issue dies.
- Both bills must be identical and pass the House and Senate to be considered by the Governor as a new Florida law.
- This is just the beginning of what will be a lengthy process that will play out over the next few weeks. If this bill is to pass, you are going to have to communicate with lawmakers every step of the way.
- We will send you alerts like this to help as the issue progresses.