Florida Chamber-Backed Water Bill Passes Florida House
The Florida House of Representatives today passed a Florida Chamber-backed bill that will help secure Florida’s water future.
HB 7003, sponsored by Representative Matt Caldwell (R-Lehigh Acres) will:
- Strengthen water planning,
- Modernize the restoration of the northern Everglades,
- Expand the protection of natural springs, and
- Reduce needless regulations of agri-businesses and developers.
“Water is an essential component of two drivers of our state’s economy – agriculture and tourism. We can no longer rely on policies that only focus on the problems of one particular region or another,” said Representative Caldwell who highlighted his water bill during a presentation before the Florida Chamber’s Board of Governors Capitol Days this week. “We must act now, through a combination of sound policy and smart investments, to protect the health of our waterways and develop greater access to clean water for Floridians, now and in the future.”
The Florida Chamber thanks Rep. Caldwell and the members of the Florida House for focusing on securing Florida’s water future. Learn more about Florida’s water needs by watching this short video.
- Visit our Water page to view an educational video
- Hear Rep. Caldwell on the Florida Chambers Bottom Line
- Download the Florida Chamber’s water plan.