Florida International Trade and Investment Conference
Early Bird Deadline: April 30, 2019
The Florida International Trade and Investment Conference is the only statewide inbound mission program dedicated to promoting Florida as a destination for foreign direct investment (FDI) and developing business to business relationships to grow two-way trade. Designed to bring trade ready Florida businesses, economic development organizations, industry associations with partners in global markets to build business connections and promote investment opportunities in Florida.
The program will present a series of keynotes, panels, workshops and a diverse networking opportunities. FITIC will feature:
May 29, 2019
International Business Council Meeting (Invitation Only) Ι 3:30 p.m.
Consular Corp Welcome Reception In Partnership with the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce Ι 5:30 p.m.
May 30, 2019
Registration and Breakfast Ι 7:30 a.m.
Opening Remarks Ι 8:30 a.m.
Why This Matters Ι 9:00 a.m.
Today Florida is a $1 Trillion economy and would rank 17th in the world. How can we grow Florida into a top 10 global economy by 2030?
Morning Plenary Ι 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Florida – Your Platform for Trade, Your Partner in the Americas
As the undisputed hub of the Americas, Florida is not only a platform to enter the rest of the U.S., but a platform to enter Latin American markets. Learn about how you could leverage Florida’s global positioning to expand to new markets.
- Latin American Market Outlook – Opportunities Remain Amidst a Slowdown
Brexit, continued trade tensions, and political uncertainty – how will this affect key trade partners in the region? What does this mean for Florida? How can we continue to grow in a disruptive age?
Nathaniel Karp, Chief U.S. Economist, BBVA Compass
- Connectivity, Logistics & Security – Unleashing E-commerce and Trade in the Americas
Learn how the logistics, financial, and technology sectors are evolving to meet the growing demand for access to e-commerce platforms and on-demand delivery and how can Florida capitalize on this opportunity.
- Emir Pineda, Manager, Aviation Trade & Logistics, Marketing Division, Miami-Dade Aviation Department
Networking Break Ι 11:30 a.n.- 12:00 p.m.
Luncheon – Keynote Address Ι 12:00 p.m.
Afternoon Industry Breakout Sessions Ι 1:30-3:30 p.m.
The afternoon breakout will focus on in key industry drivers for our economy. They will provide attendees to network and connect with fellow industry professionals and explore:
- How do our foreign investment relationships help us import?
- How do our foreign investment relationships help us export?
- How do our foreign investment relationship help us attract more investment?
Life Sciences, MedTech, BioPharma, HealthIT – presented by BioFlorida
Learn about Florida’s growing medtech and life sciences industry and hear from life science executives and thought leaders on opportunities.
- Karen Moore, CEO, Moore Communications
- Juan Carlos Varela, Vice President, Restorative Therapies Group Latin America at Medtronic
Learn from industry leaders in Florida’s aerospace sector, how to tap into R&D partnerships and connect with talent and commercial opportunities.
- Mark Bontrager, Vice President, Spaceport Operations, Space Florida
Infrastructure – presented by the Florida Chamber Infrastructure Coalition
Will feature a showcase of available projects. Connect and explore industry partnerships with established professionals
Conclusion of Conference Ι 4:00 p.m
Special Thanks to Our Partners
- Beth Kirkland, Executive Director, Florida Economic Development Council
- Mark Trowbridge, President & CEO, Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
- Michael Preston, Executive Director, Florida Consortium of Metropolitan Research Universities
- Inmaculada Gutierrez, Trade Commissioner, Spain
- Karen Moore, CEO, Moore Agency
- Nancy Bryan, President & CEO, BioFlorida
- Maximiliano Sepulveda, Coordinator, Association of American Chamber of Commerce in Latin America and the Caribbean
Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
50 Alhambra Plaza
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Rate: $199 plus tax.
To book, please contact Chesi Stanfield, Express Travel at 305-341-1200 ext 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Learning More?
Contact Dan Tapia at email@example.com or 850-521-1206.