2017 International Days
February 14, 2017
International Business Council Meeting/Florida Trade and Logistics Institute Meeting Ι 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Members Only)
Boxed lunch will be provided.
Board Buses to the Capitol Ι 2:00 p.m.
Meet Your Legislators: Make Your Voice Heard Ι 2:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Welcome Reception at the Historic Capitol Ι 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
February 15, 2017
Registration, Breakfast and Networking Ι 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
Welcome: Navigating the Changing Tides of International Business and Trade
Ι 8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
- Mark Wilson, President and CEO, Florida Chamber of Commerce
The Importance of International Trade to Florida’s Economy Ι 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.
- Robert Grammig, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP (Moderator)
- Chris Hart IV, Secretary of Commerce and President and CEO, Enterprise Florida, Inc.
- Cissy Proctor, Executive Director, Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
International Trade in Florida: A Florida Scorecard Report Ι 9:30 – 9:50 a.m.
An update on Florida’s trade numbers as well as International Trade Outlook and Forecast
- Dr. Jerry Parrish, Chief Economist and Director of Research, Florida Chamber Foundation
Executive Networking Ι 9:50 – 10:00 a.m.
From Local to Global Ι 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 p.m.
Expanding international business opportunities begins locally. From supporting new to export or new to market businesses, to encouraging international companies to invest in your region – this panel will explore strategies to consider adding to your international trade tool kit.
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Export Financing
- International Expansion/Trade Network Development
- Alice Ancona, Director, Global Outreach, Florida Chamber of Commerce (Moderator)
- The Honorable Bill Galvano, Florida Senate
- Dr. Mark Rosenberg, President, Florida International University
- Jacob Stuart, President, Central Florida Partnership
Global Florida: Trends and Opportunities Ι 10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
This panel features emerging and established trading partners for Florida. This panel will highlight select markets and provide an overview of developments, trends and opportunities in their respective countries.
- Mike Breen, Senior Director, International, JAX USA Partnership (Moderator)
- Susan Harper, Consul General of Canada – Miami
- Clément Leclerc, Consul General of France – Miami
- Ken Okaniwa, Consul General of Japan – Miami
- Shane Stephens, Consul General of Ireland – Atlanta
- Guy Gilady, Deputy Consul General at Israel Consulate General – Miami
- Inmaculada Gutierrez, Trade Commissioner of Spain – Miami
Where We Stand, Where We’ll Go: What is the Future of U.S. Trade Policy and What Will Its Impact Be on Florida? Ι 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Trade has been at the forefront of not just the U.S. Presidential election but all around the world. This panel will explore what a Donald Trump Presidency means for the future of trade.
- The Honorable Adam Putnam, Commissioner, Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
- Syd Kitson, Chairman & CEO, Kitson & Partners/Chairman, Florida Chamber of Commerce (Moderator)
- Chuck Cobb, CEO, Senior Managing Director, Cobb Partners
- Eric Silagy, President and CEO of Florida Power & Light Company
From Local to Global Ι 1:30 – 2:15 p.m.
- Manny Mencia, Senior Vice President, International Trade & Business Development, Enterprise Florida (Moderator)
- Glenn Cooper, Shareholder, GrayRobinson P.A.
- Aerek Stephens, Export Finance Manager, Export Import Bank of the United States of America
- Crystal Stiles, Director of Economic Development, Florida Power & Light Company
Executive Networking Ι 2:15 – 2:30 p.m.
Expanding Market Access: Choosing the Right Tools for Successfully Going Global Ι 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
International business risks and best practices for success. Learn best practices from successful exporters as well as learn navigate global challenges that exporters face today.
- Brian Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, JAXPORT (Moderator)
- Lee Sandler, Founding Member, Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg P.A.
- Christopher Wenk, Executive Director, International Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Dan Tapia, Manager, Global Outreach, Florida Chamber of Commerce (Moderator)
- Dr. Nancy Crews, Chief Executive Officer and Owner, Custom Manufacturing & Engineering Inc.
- Keith Landy, President, Germfree
- Adrian LaTrace, CEO, Boyd Industries, Inc
- Dave Mutch, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Sunotopic Technologies, Inc.
Closing Remarks Ι 3:30 p.m.
Agenda is Subject to Change