By: Susan Towler, Florida Chamber Foundation Board of Trustees Chair; Executive Director/CSR, Florida Blue Foundation
Hello Fellow Trustees,
This week has been a great week for the Chamber Foundation as we just wrapped another successful Board of Trustees Meeting and annual Florida Learners to Earners Workforce Solution Summit. Congratulations to our Florida Chamber Foundation team for hosting a sold-out summit that featured nearly 300 of Florida’s business, education, workforce, philanthropic, and legislative leaders focused on securing Florida’s greatest asset – our workforce!
As I was unable to attend this Board Meeting, I would like to give a special thank you to our CDP Council Chair, Don Kiselewski of Florida Power & Light, for stepping in to lead our meeting agenda. I know our meeting was in very capable hands with you!
In addition to the review and approvals of our consent agenda, committee reports and Florida Chamber Foundation President’s Report, our board meeting covered the following:
- A Florida economic update, featuring a first look at our research team’s 2023 Florida Business & Economic Mid-Year Report
- Recap of the brainstorming and idea sharing sessions at our last two trustee meetings, and the next steps
- An update on our initiatives and research efforts, including:
- The Future of Work Florida & Florida Center for Workforce & Talent Development’s efforts to create the nation’s BEST workforce in Florida,
- The Florida Equality of Opportunity Initiative’s recent early learning and prosperity efforts, including zip code partnerships
- Where we are with the Florida Workforce Needs Study 2.0 research
- Recently launched efforts of the Florida Chamber Health Council to make Florida the healthiest state in America, and
- The Florida Chamber Foundation’s Untapped Potential Report that will be released in partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Thank you to our guest contributors Stephen Moret of Strada, Tessa LeSage of Collaboratory, Commissioner Holly Davis, and Tim Marks of Metropolitan Ministries for joining us to share how our initiatives are moving the 2030 mission forward through our partnerships!
Please be sure to mark your calendars for the last Board Meeting of the year on October 24, where we will meet after our 2023 Florida Chamber Annual Meeting & Future of Florida Forum. The links to register are included below. Please make plans to register for both.
Register for the Board of Trustees Meeting HERE>.
Register for the Florida Chamber Annual Meeting & Future of Florida Forum HERE>. We all joined this Board because we have a vested interest in securing Florida’s future. This is the event where the conversations that happen throughout the year at our solution summits on the Florida 2030 Blueprint’s Six Pillars Framework, all come together on the main stage. Be sure to register yourself and your team for our annual Super Bowl event!
I can’t thank all of you enough for your investment in the future of Florida and all you do to help lead our 2030 efforts in your communities. As I leave you for this update, check out some of the pictures below of our Board uniting on the road to 2030 at this week’s meeting. Feel free to share them with your team!
Until next time,