Matchmaker Grants Now Available!
Enterprise Florida offers Matchmaker Grants to assist Florida small to medium-sized companies generate new sales overseas, increase their sales in existing markets, and expand in new markets. Please note: Qualified applicants must also be registered for the Business Development and Trade Mission to Ireland and the UK.
Industry Sectors Eligible for Grants – Manufacturers and Professional Services Providers in:
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Clean Energy
- Homeland Security/Defense
- Information Technology
- Life Sciences
- Marine Industry
- All Other Manufacturing
- Targeted Professional Services Providers
Matchmaker Services typically offer:
- Customized market and industry briefings with qualified trade specialists.
- Timely and relevant market research.
- Appointments with prospective trade partners in key industry sectors.
- Post-meeting debriefing with trade specialists and assistance in developing appropriate follow-up strategies.
- Help with travel, accommodations, interpreter service, and clerical support.
Applying for Matchmaker Grant
Qualified Florida small and medium-sized manufacturers and professional services providers in targeted sectors from all regions of the state are eligible to participate in the program. Some of the requirements include:
- Companies must be located and registered in the state of Florida.
- Must be in business for a minimum of two years.
- The product must be produced in the state and services must be provided from within the state.
- Services providers must be in one of these approved target sectors.
- Gold Key/Matchmaker Services must be provided by the U.S. Commercial Service; an Enterprise Florida International Office; AmCham, or approved local contractor for similar one-on-one business matchmaker services.
- Must comply with SBA size standards for a U.S. Commercial Service Gold Key, or have less than 500 employees if the matchmaker service is conducted by another provider.
- Companies must be at least ONE of the following in order to qualify: New-to-export; New-to-market, or Infrequent exporter to the market.
Eligible small and medium-sized manufacturers and professional services providers can apply for a Business Matchmaker Grant from Enterprise Florida, which will reimburse qualified companies $2,500 for matchmaking in a single market, or $2,000 for each market if visiting two. Once approved for the business matchmaker program, please contact Mr. Chris Munoz, Enterprise Florida Trade Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-808-3386 for an online application.
For more information please contact Dan Tapia at email@example.com or 850.521.1206.