JUNO BEACH, Fla. – FPL reminds customers that as the weather heats up, air conditioners are working harder to keep homes comfortable, leading to air conditioning being the single biggest cause of high energy bills.
There are no-cost/low-cost strategies that can be used on a daily basis to keep customers cool and save throughout the summer. Here are a few ways to help air conditioners run efficiently:
- Every degree customers raise their thermostat can save about 5% on their monthly cooling costs.
- Change filters regularly.
- Leave interior doors open so that the air circulates without obstruction.
- Turn on an overhead fan when people are in a room – and remember to turn it off when they leave. Fans cool people, not rooms!
FPL also recommends using free tools to help manage customers’ energy use.
- The FPL Mobile App helps customers manage their energy use anytime, anywhere, in the palm of their hand. They can view their projected bill in advance, so they can make changes to help lower their bill before receiving it.
- The FPL Energy Dashboard allows customers to see how much they are using by month, day or hour, making it easier for them to make more informed energy choices.
- The FPL Energy Analyzer helps customers track their energy use by appliance.
Customers can also request a free Home Energy Survey. An FPL Energy Expert will inspect a home’s energy usage, provide valuable tips on how to maximize a customer’s home’s energy-efficiency and provide energy solutions specific to their household needs. For more ways to stay cool while saving energy, customers can visit FPL.com/TakeControl.
Florida Power & Light Company
Florida Power & Light Company is the largest energy company in the U.S. as measured by retail electricity produced and sold. The company serves more than 5.6 million customer accounts supporting more than 11 million residents across Florida with clean, reliable and affordable electricity. FPL operates one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and in 2020 won the ReliabilityOne® National Reliability Excellence Award, presented by PA Consulting, for the fifth time in the last six years. The company was recognized in 2020 as one of the most trusted U.S. electric utilities by Escalent for the seventh consecutive year. FPL is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Florida-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE), a clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, ethics and diversity, and has been ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry in Fortune’s 2020 list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” NextEra Energy is also the parent company of NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun and a world leader in battery storage. For more information about NextEra Energy companies, visit these websites: www.NextEraEnergy.com, www.FPL.com, www.GulfPower.com, www.NextEraEnergyResources.com.