Less Poverty, Through More Prosperity Summit
Did You Know?
The Florida Chamber Foundation’s Less Poverty, More Prosperity: Florida’s Fiscal Cliffs Report:
- Florida has more than 3.1 million people living in poverty
- 944,415 of that total under the age of 18
- According to ALICE research, in most Florida counties, the least expensive childcare is ta budget expense more costly than the lease expensive rent.
Is Florida Ready?
The large number of Floridians living in poverty in our state impacts not only individual families, but also businesses, Florida’s economy, and our state’s global competitiveness. Florida will find it harder to succeed in 2030 and beyond if more than 1 in 6 Floridians continue living in poverty.
Join us for the the Florida Chamber Foundation’s first annual Prosperity Summit, where Florida’s business community will lead discussions around understanding the depth and breadth of poverty in Florida, learning what poverty is and what is isn’t, as well as talking about how Florida’s businesses can create economic prosperity for all Floridians moving forward.
- Senator Jeff Brandes
- Michelle Dennard, President and CEO, CareerSource Florida
- Brittany Birken, CEO, Florida Children’s Council
- Tim Center, CEO, Capital Area Community Action Agency
- Lauren Chianese, Executive Director, Teach for America-Orlando
- Mireya Eavey, Sarasota Area President, United Way Suncoast
- Jay Galbraith, Vice President, Public Affairs, Valencia College
- Michael Griffin, Vice President of Public Affairs for Florida Hospital and the Florida Division of Adventist Health System
- Jennifer Grove, Workforce Development Coordinator, Gulf Power Company; Achieve Escambia
- Sue Homant, President and CEO, The Able Trust
- Debbie LaPinska, Vice President, Human Resources, PGT Innovations
- Shelley Lauten, CEO, Central Florida Commission on Homelessness
- Bob McFalls, President and CEO, Florida Philanthropic Network
- Bill Mills, President and CEO, Florida Prosperity Partnership
- David Odahowski, President & CEO, Edyth Bush Charitable Foundation
- Bob Rohrlack, President and CEO, Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Randy Russell, President and CEO, Foundation for a Healthy St. Pete
- Robin Safley, Executive Director, Feeding Florida
- Will Weatherford, Managing Partner, Weatherford Partners; Former Florida Speaker of the House
- and more!
For more event information, contact Kelsey Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.