Does Your Community Have A Strategy for Attracting FDI?
By 2030, six million more residents will call Florida home and two million more jobs will be needed. International trade and foreign direct investment (FDI) play a significant role in fueling Florida’s economic and job growth engine. We know from our TL 2,0 Study that International companies grow faster, are more profitable, pay higher wages and are more resilient during economic downturns. FDI not only creates jobs in communities across Florida – these jobs pay 30 percent higher than the economy-wide average, for each job directly supported by FDI, there is at least one job indirectly supported by FDI, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce.
To prepare for this continued growth and to ensure Florida remains successful, we must continue our focus on international trade and foreign investment. There are short-term and long term opportunities to be had:
- Global foreign direct investment (FDI) is expected to rise by five percent, to almost 1.8 trillion in 2017, according to the World Investment Report 2017: Investment and the Digital Economy.
- An overwhelming 75 percent of investors plan to increase their FDI in the coming three years. The 2017 A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment Confidence Index
- Volume of global goods trade set to nearly double by 2030
- Services trade is expected to continue to grow with total value more than doubling by 2030
In order to become the number one state in the nation for innovation and economic development, we must continue to attract and retain high-skilled talent, target growing industries and continue to work toward the recommendations set forth in the Florida Chamber Foundation’s Trade and Logistics 2.0 report.
The Florida Chamber can help connect you to information and opportunities to access those markets and others around the world to grow your business. Would you like to know more? Complete the form to sign up for global market intelligence, logistics and supply chain trends and information on trade policy. Click here
Mark Your Calendar: Global Florida Webinar
Global Florida: Trade Topics and Trends is a Florida Chamber International Business Council series of monthly conference calls connecting Florida companies to resources, opportunities, international market intelligence and policy initiatives. Be sure to mark your calendars for our upcoming webinar.
September 5, 2017 REGISTER
Florida’s Foreign Direct Investment Potential
- October 4, 2016 – DOWNLOAD Presentation
- November 1, 2016 – DOWNLOAD Presentation
- March 7, 2017 – DOWNLOAD Presentation
- June 6, 2017 – DOWNLOAD Presentation