Growth & Infrastructure Summit to Spotlight Florida’s Water Future
By: Florida Chamber Foundation
Hear From Dr. Brian LaPointe at the Florida Chamber Foundation Growth & Infrastructure Summit on December 11
Florida is the third largest state in the nation and continues to grow. As we prepare to welcome 5 million more residents to our state, will we have the resources Floridians, businesses and others need? One of the targets outlined in Florida 2030 is to ensure diverse and reliable water resources to meet future demand.
In the latest edition of the Florida Chamber’s educational Securing Florida’s Water Future video series, Dr. Brian LaPointe, Florida Atlantic University – Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute Research Professor, discusses water quality and speaks to the urgency of finding science-based solutions. Click below to watch the video and be sure to join us at the 2018 Growth & Infrastructure Summit on December 11 where you can hear from Dr. Brian LaPointe and others on how we can prepare our state for growth.
Join us on December 11 at America’s first solar powered town, Babcock Ranch, for the 2018 Growth & Infrastructure Summit, where business, industry, community and elected leaders will take a deep dive into the topics that matter for Florida’s growth, including:
- Infrastructure & Growth Leadership recommendations from Florida 2030 and how communities can implement recommendations,
- Florida’s future transportation opportunities,
- The future of Florida’s Trade & Logistics 2.0 report,
- Florida Chamber’s Infrastructure Coalition priorities,
- Autonomous Florida and the future of new innovations,
- Florida’s current and future infrastructure needs,
- and more!
Attendees will have a first-come, first-serve chance to sign up for rides in an autonomous vehicle during a reception on December 11 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. Register today for details on how you can sign up for rides!