Transportation, Growth and Infrastructure Summit
What Do Business Leaders Need to Know About Securing Florida’s Future Transportation?
The Florida Chamber Foundation’s 2019 Florida Transportation, Growth & Infrastructure Summit brought together business, industry and elected leaders in discussions on Florida’s infrastructure systems, where we are today and what the opportunities and challenges are as we look toward 2030 and beyond.
December 4, 2019
Welcome Reception| 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Florida Chamber of Commerce Global Florida Dinner | 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Introduction: Bob Grammig, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP; Chair, Florida Chamber International Division
Secretary Laurel Lee, Florida Department of State
December 5, 2019
Transportation, Growth and Infrastructure Summit | 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Registration and Breakfast | 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks | 9:00 a.m.
Welcome to Broward
– Representative Chip LaMarca, Florida House District 93
State of Play: Why Infrastructure Matters
– Mark Wilson, President & CEO, Florida Chamber of Commerce
Connecting & Growing Economic Opportunity Across Florida
– Ananth Prasad, President, Florida Transportation Builders’ Association, Inc.
Understanding Florida’s Transportation Plan: M-CORES & More
– Introduction: David Sweeney, P.E., President & CEO, RS&H
– Secretary Kevin Thibault, P.E., Florida Department of Transportation
Uniting Business for Good: A South Florida Approach
– Humberto Alonso, Jr., VP, Sr. Regional Business Development Director, Atkins Global; Executive Committee, South Florida Business Council
– Christine Barney, CEO, rbb Communications; Chair, South Florida Business Council
– Rick Reikenis, President of Reikenis & Associates, LLC; Chair, Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches
Growing Florida as a Global Hub: Moving Freight & People
– Moderator: Doug Wheeler, President & CEO, Florida Ports Council
– David Anderton, Deputy Director, Port Everglades
– Ken Armstrong, President & CEO, Florida Trucking Association
– Patrick Goddard, President, Virgin Trains USA
A Technology Company Delivering Energy to Move Florida Forward
– Eric Silagy, President & CEO, Florida Power & Light
Autonomous Florida: Innovative Transportation & Smart Cities
– Facilitator: Chris Emmanuel, Director of Infrastructure & Governance Policy, Florida Chamber of Commerce
– Beth Kigel, Vice President, HNTB
– Lisa Nisenson, Vice President, New Mobility & Connected Communities, WGI
Investing in Florida’s 5G Future
– Joe York, President, AT&T Florida
Building Communities for All Floridians
– Al Dougherty, COO – Communities, Babcock Ranch
Is Florida Resilient Enough for 2030?
– Julia Nesheiwat, Ph.D., Chief Resilience Officer, Executive Office of the Governor, Florida
The Economic Engine that is Broward County
– Moderator: Bob Swindell, President & CEO, Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance
– Monica Cepero, Deputy County Administrator, Broward County Board of County Commissioners
– Mark Gale, CEO/Director of Aviation, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
– Gerry O’Reilly, District Four Secretary, Florida Department of Transportation
Ensuring Freight Moves Safely & Efficiently
– Rickey Fitzgerald, Freight & Multimodal Operations Manager, Florida Department of Transportation
– Rob Palmer, Planning Group Leader, RS&H
Preparing Florida’s Environment for the 21st Century
– Noah Valenstein, Secretary, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Florida’ Headwinds, Tailwinds & What’s Next
– Jerry Parrish, Ph.D., Chief Economist & Director of Research, Florida Chamber Foundation
– John Kaliski, Principal, Cambridge Systematics Inc.
All events and times are subject to change
Summit Registration – $325.00
Global Florida Dinner Registration – $150.00
Hotel Room Rate
The Diplomat Beach Resort, Hollywood, FL
Group Rate: $249 (ends November 18, 2019)
Cancellation requests for registrations received by November 8, 2019 will be issued a refund, less a $75 per person administrative fee. All cancellations must be made in writing and e-mailed to email@example.com.
Cancellation requests received after November 8, 2019 will not be issued a refund.