Tell us about your company
Simply Healthcare Plans, (“Simply”), is a Florida-managed health care plan that serves over 825,000 Medicare Advantage, Medicaid and Florida Healthy Kids members throughout the state of Florida. In addition, Simply, through a line of business called Clear Health Alliance, also serves Florida Medicaid members who are living with HIV/AIDS. Our goal is to provide physical and behavioral health services that are comprehensive, integrated and patient-centered.
Every day, members of our team can be found in Florida communities, listening to our members, interacting with our health care providers, and partnering with community-based organizations. Our goal is to ensure members and entire communities are empowered to become active participants in their health care and sustain healthy lifestyles.
We know that we can’t do it alone, so we closely collaborate with local partners to help address community needs across Florida, including:
- Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (FCAAP): to support the whole health of Florida’s kids (physical, mental and emotional health), Simply partnered with FCAAP to launch SimplyHealthyMinds.com, a toolkit of resources to help children, families, healthcare providers and others navigate mental health challenges facing children.
- Florida Literacy Coalition: to support opportunities for adults to strengthen reading skills, which can improve their health and quality of life.
- Feeding Florida: to address food insecurity in areas where Floridians are disproportionately affected by chronic health conditions and higher rates of mortality.
- Gulf Coast State College to provide select Nursing students scholarships to increase the Florida Panhandle nursing workforce.
- Indian River Head Start: to provide scholarships to bring certified, bilingual doulas to areas in need and help address cultural barriers to doula support.
We also proactively engage our members so we can be sure we meet the diverse, whole-health needs of each individual member in a way that makes sense for them.
What is your biggest concern related to healthcare in Florida?
Simply’s main concern is making sure that healthcare is made more affordable, accessible, and simplified for all our neighbors across Florida, all while strengthening our communities, addressing health inequities, and addressing the whole health of our members. Health is more than a collection of vital signs. Physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health are all parts of the same whole. The foundations of whole health also include social drivers like nutritious foods, quality healthcare, transportation, education, and accessible housing.
We’re focused on developing innovative, integrated clinical care models to improve the quality of care and deliver better outcomes because if we can do that, we can create a healthier future for all Floridians.
Healthcare can be incredibly complex and often difficult to maneuver, so we’re consistently looking to create a more streamlined healthcare experience for our members. We’re a much more on-demand society that expects rapid delivery – whether it’s the way we watch tv, listen to music, or shop for groceries – and at Simply, we’re striving to create a healthcare experience that provides that same level of simplicity to our members.
Why did you join the Healthcare Partnership?
We joined the Healthcare Partnership because we wanted to connect with like-minded organizations and business leaders who share our goals to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes in Florida’s healthcare systems.
By convening a diverse group with varying areas of expertise to tackle these complex problems, we’ve been able to spark innovative and thoughtful discussions and potential interventions that can ultimately improve access to care. The various perspectives we all bring to our conversations are a great way to uncover pioneering, strategic healthcare solutions in Florida.