The Florida Chamber’s Annual Insurance Summit is one of the oldest and largest insurance conferences in the state of Florida. We connected Florida’s business community, insurance executives, elected officials and political insiders with interactive discussions on crucial issues facing insurers, business leaders and consumers.
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Hospitality Desk Open (pick up materials, register on-site, get information) Ι 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Connecting With Colleagues Welcome Reception Ι 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Dinner on Your Own Ι 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Hospitality Desk Open (pick up materials, register on-site, get information) Ι 7:30 a.m.
Breakfast Ι 7:45 – 8:40 a.m.
Welcome Remarks and State of Florida’s Future Ι 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
- Mark Wilson, President and CEO, Florida Chamber of Commerce
Florida By the Numbers: An Update on Our Economy Ι 9:00 – 9:25 a.m.
- Jim Zingale, Ph.D., Research Director, Safety Net Hospital Alliance of Florida
Managing CAT Risk: A Key to Financial Security Ι 9:25 – 10:10 a.m.
- Jack Nicholson, Ph.D., Florida State University College of Business (moderator)
- Gard Olbers, Managing Director, Aon Benfield
- John Seo, Ph.D., Managing Director, Fermat Capital Management LLC
- Justin O’Keefe, Renaissance Reinsurance
- Anne Bert, Chief Operating Officer, Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund
Break Ι 10:10 – 10:25 a.m.
Citizens at Work: Responding to Challenges Ι 10:25 – 10:55 a.m.
- Barry Gilway, President, CEO and Executive Director, Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
Florida’s Future: Building and Retrofitting for Resiliency Ι 10:55 – 11:15 a.m.
- Roy Wright, Chairman & CEO, Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety
Don’t Blow the House Down: Wall of Wind Challenge Presentation Ι 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
- Extreme Events Institute, Florida International University
- Miami Coral Park Senior High School
Lunch: Beyond the Sunshine Ι 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Rick Baker, Former Mayor, St. Petersburg and Author, Beyond the Sunshine: A Timeline of Florida’s Past
The Barriers to Free Marketings in Insurance Policy: AOB, PIP, Flood Ι 1:00 – 1:15 p.m.
- Robert McClure, Ph.D., President and CEO, The James Madison Institute
Innovation at Work: Growing Florida’s Private Flood Insurance Market Ι 1:15 – 2:00 p.m.
- Andrew Marcus, Senior Counsel, Holland & Knight LLP (moderator)
- John Dickson, President and Chief Executive Officer, NFS Edge Insurance Company
- Kevin Mitchell, Senior Vice President, Homeowners Choice Property & Casualty
- Floyd Yager, Senior Vice President and Chief Data Officer, Allstate Insurance Group
- John Rollins, Actuary, Milliman
Checking in With the Chief: CFO Patronis Shares His To-Do List Ι 2:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Jimmy Patronis, Chief Financial Officer, State of Florida
Break Ι 2:30 – 2:45 p.m.
In Irma’s Wake: AOB Property Losses Continue Unabated Ι 2:45 – 3:05 p.m.
- Art Randolph, Principal and Consulting Actuary, Pinnacle Actuarial Resources Inc
Calling Crockett and Tubbs: Inside the Fight Against Fraud and Abuse Ι 3:05 – 3:50 p.m.
- William Large, President, Florida Justice Reform Institute (moderator)
- Matthew Smith, Director of Government Affairs, Coalition Against Insurance Fraud
- Simon Blank, Division Director, Investigative & Forensic Services, Department of Financial Services
- Alan Haskins, Vice President, Government Affairs, National Insurance Crime Bureau
Auto Glass Harvesting: Cracking Open an AOB Epidemic Ι 3:50 – 4:35 p.m.
- Robert Reyes, President, Capitol Group Inc. (moderator)
- Scot Zajic, Vice President Legislative Affairs, Safelite AutoGlass®
- Alison Haney Bruck, Lead Counsel, Miami Staff Counsel Office for Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Castle Key
- Lenny Hennessy, National Trainer, Auto Glass Inspection Services Inc.
- William Pagan, Sr., Vice President, General Manager, Technology Platforms – Fighting Fraud & Risk Monitoring Division, CARCO Group Inc
Balmy Breezes and Cool Conversation: Cocktail Reception Ι 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, November 29, 2018
Hospitality Desk Open Ι 7:30 a.m.
Breakfast Ι 8:00 – 8:55 a.m.
Never a Dull Moment: Florida’s Top Regulator Surveys the Landscape Ι 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.
- Tim Meenan, Managing Shareholder, Meenan Law Firm (moderator)
- David Altmaier, Commissioner, Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
Forecasting the 2019 Session: Key Legislators Offer Their Views Ι 9:30 – 10:15 a.m.
- Kyle Ulrich, Senior Vice President, Florida Association of Insurance Agents (moderator)
Break Ι 10:15 – 10:30 a.m.
Blockchain: How This Emerging Technology Impacts Insurance Ι 10:30 – 11:15 a.m.
- Michael Carlson, President, Personal Insurance Federation of Florida (moderator)
- Seth Flory, Vice President, Technology Innovation & Strategy, Nationwide Insurance Company
- Patrick Schmid, Ph.D., Vice President, The Institutes RiskBlock Alliance
- Jon Rodgers, Financial Regulatory Manager, National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Robin Westcott, Vice President, General Counsel, American Association of Insurance Services
Automated Vehicles: Future Travel and Insurance Considerations Ι 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
- Christopher Emmanuel, Director, Autonomous Florida and Director of Infrastructure and Governance Policy, Florida Chamber of Commerce (moderator)
- Tom Karol, General Counsel-Federal, National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Ian Adams, Associate Vice President, State Affairs, R Street Institute
Lunch: Thoughts From Florida’s New Political Leadership Ι 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Adjourn Ι 1:00 p.m.
* Working Agenda; Subject to Change
Refunds less a $25 cancellation fee will be given for cancellations received in writing to email@example.com prior to November 16, 2018. Following this date, no refunds will be given.