Coalition for Legal Reform
Florida is one of the worst states in the nation for lawsuits; in fact, Florida’s 41st worst legal climate ranking puts our state in the bottom 10 in the nation – a reputation that does nothing to attract new businesses or give existing business owners the confidence they need to grow their business, make investments or increase their workforce.
The Florida Chamber of Commerce’s Coalition for Legal Reform supports four common sense legal reforms that, if enacted, would improve Florida’s competitiveness and restore justice to families, consumers and small businesses.
Reforms for expert evidence, fair settlement and accuracy in damages will help our state take a large step toward eliminating Florida’s reputation as a haven for unfair settlement lawsuits and stop plaintiff attorneys from coming to our state to play the lawsuit lottery. The fourth is leveling the playing field in medical liability laws, which the coalition is supporting in partnership with the health care community.
- One-Pager: Coalition for Legal Reform – Daubert Standard: Modernizing Florida’s Expert Testimony (PDF Document)
- One-Pager: Coalition for Legal Reform – Fair Settlement (PDF Document)
- One-Pager: Coalition for Legal Reform – Accuracy in Damages (PDF Document)
- One-Pager: Coalition for Legal Reform – Level the Playing Field in Medical Liability Laws (PDF Document)
- News Release: Coalition for Legal Reform Applauds House Subcommittee on Civil Justice for Passing House Bill 587
- News Release: Coalition for Legal Reform Details Reforms to Improve Competitiveness & Restore Justice to Families, Consumers & Small Businesses
- Where We Stand
- How They Voted
- Legislative Report Card
- The Florida Scorecard
In the News
- Veteran Prosecutor Supports Expert Evidence Legal Reform (PDF Document)
- Legal Reform Will Restore Justice, Boost Florida’s Economy (PDF Document)
- Cindy Graves Show, AM 600 WBOB (March 13,2013 (MP3)