November 14, 2022 (Tampa, Fla.) – The Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA) is soliciting Request of Qualifications (RFQs) for real estate advisory services. Qualified firms capable of assisting the Authority in the evaluation of potential transportation strategies and approaches for the optimal utilization of certain Authority-owned real estate properties throughout downtown Tampa should apply for consideration.
It is the Authority’s intent through this RFQ to engage a qualified advisory services team to assist the agency in evaluating the various uses that will be proposed for the agency-owned property assets. Services potentially sought by the agency include strategic project planning, financial analyses, market feasibility studies, financial plans or models, expertise with public and private funding and financial partners and instruments, and additional related services.
THEA Downtown Property Assets
The agency is seeking a firm that has demonstrable experience in:
- Strategic real estate transportation-related advisory and planning services;
- Working with government entities, especially transportation-related entities;
- Working in or specified knowledge of the greater Tampa-Hillsborough County area;
- Assessing current real estate portfolios to identify opportunities for optimization of client’s real estate, assets, including development or sale;
- Developing plans to optimize and transform real estate, in accordance with the client’s mission, values, and master plans;
- Evaluating and executing alternative or innovative project funding and delivery methods, including those involving both public and private entities;
- Advising on transactions, including partner selection and negotiations;
- Market feasibility studies and highest and best use analysis
The Authority must receive all responses to RFQs no later than 11:15 am EST on January 17th, 2023. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Proposer to have its package delivered to the Authority by U.S. Mail, hand delivery, or any other method available to them. Electronic submittals will not be accepted. The submittal must be delivered to the Authority’s procurement department in one package, clearly marked on the outside, “Request for Qualifications No. E-1522 for Real Estate Planning Advisory Services for the Tampa Hillsborough County Expressway Authority,” with opening time and date, and sent or delivered to:
Shannon Bush – Contracts and Procurement Manager
1104 East Twiggs Street, Suite 300
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone: (813) 272-6740
More information can be found on:
PLEASE NOTE: NOTICE OF CORRECTED SCHEDULE
Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA) is an award-winning and dynamic transportation agency that owns, manages, and operates the Selmon Expressway, Meridian Avenue, Brandon Parkway, and the Selmon Greenway. THEA is committed to bringing the best technology and most progressive mobility concepts possible to address current and future transportation challenges.
THEA processes 58 million toll transactions and serves almost 2 million customers annually, with an investment plan to deliver over $1.2 Billion in capital improvements to the community
over the next ten years. As a community champion, the agency spearheads public-private partnerships for multi-modal transportation, promotes transit-oriented development, and invests in walk/bike-friendly neighborhoods. All upcoming and current projects are funded 100% through THEA’s toll and bond revenues, ensuring that finite taxpayer dollars are reserved for other transportation and community needs.