This morning, Florida Senate President Joe Negron (R-Stuart) appointed nine members to the upcoming Constitution Revision Commission (CRC), a Florida-only committee that has the ability to place constitutional amendments directly on the ballot. Sen. Negron’s appointees are:
- Don Gaetz, Former Senate President
- Anna Marie Hernandez Gamez, Attorney
- Patricia Levesque, CEO of the Foundation for Excellence in Education (ExcelinEd)
- Sherry Plymale, Former Chair of the State Board of Community Colleges
- William “Bill” Schifino, Jr., President of The Florida Bar for the 2016-2017 term
- Chris Smith, Former State Senator
- Bob Solari, Indian River County Commissioner
- Jacqui Thurlow-Lippisch, Former Teacher and Mayor of Sewall’s Point.
- Carolyn Timmann, Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller of Martin County
These nine individuals will join:
- Attorney General Pam Bondi
- Hank Coxe, Attorney and Former Bar President
- Arthenia Joyner, Former State Senator
- Roberto Martinez, Former U.S. Attorney
There are 24 other as-yet unnamed appointees in this important body, slated to come from Governor Rick Scott and House Speaker Richard Corcoran.
“It is clearly evident how much thought Senator Negron has put into his CRC selections. He has chosen some great individuals who understand what Florida needs to secure its future and who have worked for years to make Florida a better place. The Florida Chamber of Commerce congratulates Senator Negron and thanks him for his appointees.”
Marian Johnson, Senior Vice President of Political Strategy, Florida Chamber of Commerce
Take Action Now
To learn more about the CRC, including biographical information about the individual appointees as they are announced, click here.