The Florida Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the JAX Chamber and others, endorsed chamber advocate and friend Rick Scott for U.S. Senate. This is the first time in Florida history that local, state and national chambers of commerce are jointly endorsing in the U.S. Senate race. A key ingredient to getting policy right is to get the right policy makers elected. The Florida Chamber believes that no governor in America has done more to create jobs and economic opportunity than Governor Rick Scott.
Rick Scott is a Champion for Small Businesses:
- Cutting taxes 40 times
- Eliminating and/or reducing thousands of regulations
- Strengthening Florida’s GDP – which will hit $1 trillion for the first time ever this year
Rick Scott is a Champion for Families:
- Creating 1.5 million jobs
- Reducing unemployment to record lows
- Improving education gains, with 4th and 8th graders having the best overall gains in America this past year
Rick Scott is a Champion for Getting Things Done:
- Getting people to work
- Getting people out of harm’s way during the nation’s largest hurricane evacuation
- Getting government off the backs of local businesses
For eight years, Governor Scott has endorsed the Florida Chamber’s Jobs Agenda. Now the Florida Chamber is able to endorse him as the next U.S. Senator from Florida. The facts are clear, Governor Scott has signed 138 bills the Florida Chamber has helped get to his desk during his nearly eight years as Governor. By contrast, Bill Nelson has been in office more than 40 years, and last year voted against the business community 71 percent of the time. His lifetime average of voting with the business community is 52 percent, and he’s received an “F” rating from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
We joined our U.S. Chamber partners in hitting the airwaves with a new television commercial highlighting the differences between candidates Rick Scott and Bill Nelson.