Brooke has experience in a range of administrative, appellate, and regulatory matters including certification for new electrical generation under Florida’s Electrical Power Plant Siting Act, as well as, approvals for other large-scale facilities and renewable energy projects. She has represented clients in proceedings before all levels of the Florida court system, the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings, and administrative agencies. Brooke also bas experience in Florida appellate proceedings with her time as a staff attorney for Justice Raoul G. Cantero, III of the Florida Supreme Court giving her experience with the appellate process.
- Represented electric utilities in the licensing of new electrical generation under Florida’s Electrical Power Plant Siting Act.
- Represented clients in connection with environmental permitting and approvals for largescale facilities and renewable energy projects.
- Defended environmental permit challenges before the Division of Administrative Hearings.
- Prepared briefs in appellate proceedings before Florida District Courts of Appeal and the Florida Supreme Court.
- Represented clients in proceedings before the Florida Public Service Commission.
- Experience in litigating commercial and other disputes in Florida Circuit Court.
- Worked as a staff attorney to Justice Raoul G. Cantero, III of the Florida Supreme Court.
Representative Published Decisions
- State v. Harden, 938 So. 2d 480 (Fla. 2006)
- Reform Party v. Black, 88S So. 2d 303 (Fla. 2004)
- Jetty East Condo. Ass’n v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 4S So. 3d 46S (Fla. 1st DCA 2010)
- Tsolkas v. Fla. Fish & Wildlife Cons. Comm’n, 7 So. 3d 1116 (Fla 481 DCA 2009)
- Palm Beach County Envtl. Coalition v. Fla. Dept. of Envtl. Pmt, 14 So. 3d 1076 (Fla. 4th DCA 2009)
- Brooks v. Villa Del Lago, 929 So. 2d 1056 (Fla i •t DCA 2006)
- Humana v. A.HCA., 898 So. 2d 1040 (Fla.. 1stncA 2005)
- Glisson v. City of Tallahassee, DOAH Case No. 11-2953 (Nov. 18, 2011)
- Bussing v. Gainesville Renewable Energy Center, DOAH Case No. l 0-7281 (Dec. 27, 2010)
- In re: Progress Energy Florida Levy Nuclear Pmject Units 1 &: 2, DOAH Case No. 08-2727 (May 15, 2009)
- Listed in Chambers USA, 2012- 2013 Editions.
- Honorary Speaker at Florida Supreme Court Induction Ceremony for Spring 2004 Inductees to the Florida Bar.
- Administrative, Appellate, Biofuel & Renewable Energy, Climate Cbange, Energy Facilities Siting & Licensing