Bob Grammig, Chair
Robert J. Grammig is a partner and leader of the firm-wide Public Companies and Securities Practice at Holland & Knight. Mr. Grammig has practiced for over 25 years in the areas of public company mergers and acquisitions, securities law, general corporate law and international business transactions. He serves on the firm’s Directors Committee.
Mr. Grammig has represented both companies and underwriters in numerous public company offerings. He has also led legal teams on behalf of acquirers, target companies and special committees in a large number of publicly announced merger and acquisition transactions, several of which valued at greater than $1.0 billion. Mr. Grammig also regularly advises boards of directors, audit committees and special committees regarding corporate governance matters. He has devoted a substantial part of his practice to international business transactions, representing both United States and foreign entities, including representations involving significant acquisitions in Colombia, Malaysia and Japan. He regularly participates as a panelist in KPMG’s Audit Committee Institute.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, he served as a law clerk to The Honorable Thomas A. Clark, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits.
Mr. Grammig is a member of the Tampa Bay Crisis Center’s Board of Governors, The Florida Bar and the District of Columbia Bar Association.
Joshua D. Aubuchon is an associate in Holland & Knight’s Tallahassee office practicing in the area of government affairs. Mr. Aubuchon represents clients before the Florida legislative and executive branches on a variety of matters, including alcoholic beverages, property and automobile insurance, tort reform and healthcare. He has a solid understanding of how to effectively advocate on behalf of clients in both these branches of state government. In addition, Mr. Aubuchon assists clients in the areas of federal and state alcohol beverage licensing, and administrative and regulatory issues. He currently serves as the executive director and general counsel to the Florida Brewers Guild.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Aubuchon worked at another law firm in Tallahassee. He also interned for the Florida Senate Committee on Regulated Industries as a legislative analyst on gaming and alcoholic beverage issues and worked as a law clerk for the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco.
Mia L. McKown
Mia L. McKown is a partner in Holland & Knight’s Tallahassee office where she practices in the firm’s Litigation Section. Ms. McKown is a member of the firm’s Healthcare & Life Sciences Team and Florida Government Advocacy Team. She practices in the area of commercial litigation, with an emphasis in the areas of health law and administrative law.
Ms. McKown has served as general counsel for a state agency in Florida, and has extensive experience representing businesses and licensed professionals that interact with the state government. In most instances, she successfully resolves the review process by providing an informative and properly drawn response to the fact-finding inquiry. However, if an administrative complaint is filed against a licensed entity or professional, Ms. McKown routinely defends clients for these matters before the administrative law judges at the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings and numerous Florida agencies, including, but not limited to, the Agency for Health Care Administration, Department of Health, Department of Financial Services, Office of Insurance Regulation, the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Department of Children and Families, Department of Education, Department of Transportation, Department of Corrections, and the Office of the Attorney General. As these cases differ procedurally and substantively from cases in the civil arena, she has the experience and skills to defend these sensitive and often complex matters.
Ms. McKown has always been active in her community. She most recently helped raise money to support an early literacy initiative and homelessness-to-health project for the United Way of the Big Bend. She also serves as the Holland & Knight Women’s Initiative chairman for the Tallahassee office.
Honors & Awards
- Holland & Knight Rising Star, Class of 2013
- Hall of Fame, University of Florida
- Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary
- Human Relations Award, City of Gainesville 1987
- Related Practices: Construction Litigation and Dispute Resolution Public Policy & Regulation
- Florida Government Advocacy Public-Private Partnerships Healthcare & Life Sciences Healthcare Litigation
- Assisted Living Facilities Under the Microscope in Florida, Holland & Knight Alert, January 24, 2012
- 2010 Florida Legislative Session Recap, Eyes on Tallahassee, Recap, June 30, 2010
- 2009 Florida Legislative Session Recap, Co-Author, Eyes on Tallahassee Recap, May 15, 2009
- How the New Energy Law Will Impact Your Business – A Legal Analysis of HB 7135, Co-Author, June 18, 2008
- The Seventh Annual Florida Chamber Insurance Summit, Florida’s Health Care Score Card: Costs,
- Medicaid Expansion, and How Florida Measures Up, January 15-17, 2014
- State Contract Awards and Bid Protests, Construction Law Certificate Review Course, March 23, 2012
- How the New Energy Law Will Impact Your Business, Holland & Knight Program, June 18, 2008
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- The Florida Bar, Administrative Law Section
- Florida Chamber Foundation, Trustee (2014-present)
- Lakeland Bar Association, former President, 1999-2000
- Kate Sullivan Elementary PTA, President Elect (2014)
- United Way of the Big Bend, Power of the Purse, former Chairman
- Lakeland Vision
- Campfire Boys and Girls Association, former Board Member
- Polk County United Way, former Advisory Council Member
- Leadership Lakeland
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S., Journalism
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- All State Courts in Florida