#IsFLReady For the Future of Military, Defense & Veterans?
Col. Glenn Sutphin, Executive Director of Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, sat with us before the summit and shared his thoughts on what businesses need to know. Check out the Florida Chamber Foundation Bottom Line interview here.
Find information of the Veterans Florida Grant for Veterans here.
Are you a veteran looking to start a business? Here’s a website that was mentioned at the summit.
Have you checked out EarnUp.org yet? See how collaboration is working in Jacksonville here.
What does Florida’s military profile look like? Click here to find out.
$80 billion in economic impact.
775,000 jobs supported.
More than 1.5 million veterans.
#IsFLReady to support the future of Florida’s Military, Defense and Veterans?
This week, Florida’s business leaders, industry experts, elected officials and more are gathered in Orlando for the Florida Chamber Foundation’s Annual Military, Defense and Veterans Opportunities Summit to discuss the future of these industries. Florida is moving in the right direction. Consider the following:
- Approximately $80 billion worth of economic activity happens because of Florida’s military and defense industries- that’s nearly 10 percent of Florida’s economy
- Florida’s military and defense industries help support nearly 775,000 Florida jobs
- There are more than 1.5 million veterans who call Florida home
- Florida ranks among the top three states with the highest number of veteran-owned businesses
As Florida works toward a future that will need 2 million more net new jobs, in the midst of technological advancements, industry disruption, base realignments and more, is our state ready to support the future of Florida’s Military, Defense and Veterans?
Three Ways to Share This Video
- TAG US on social media using #IsFLReady and @FLFoundation
- EMAIL this link to your employees, colleagues, board members and the leaders of tomorrows
- POST this video on your company’s website and help spread the word on why Florida’s military, defense and veteran industries are key to Florida’s economic development