Nearly 72% of Florida’s workforce leaders have informed the Florida Workforce Needs Study 2.0 that they have struggled to find qualified talent over the past year. Through the Future of Work Florida Initiative, the Florida Chamber has developed a multi-year plan to unite and harness the power of thousands of Florida businesses, dozens of local chambers and economic development groups, education and workforce partners, HR leaders, hiring managers and more, to turn this workforce crisis into a competitive strength for Florida.
Millions of jobs will require certifications and credentials, but not necessarily 4-year degrees. In this business-led effort the Future of Work Florida Initiative will promote the importance of career exploration and align market needs with talent supply.
To unite with us in tackling Florida’s talent crisis head on, we invite you to take the following actions:
1. Receive monthly updates on top advertised occupations, career spotlights, Workforce Wednesday Webinars, promising practices for recruiting and retaining talent, etc. by subscribing to our Future of Work memo. To subscribe, contact Rachel Ludwig at email@example.com.
2. Subscribe to our Future of Work Florida Podcast to stay connected on the issues impacting Florida’s workforce and the resources available to address them.
3. Download the Future of Work Florida Action Toolkit here.
4. Take charge in your local community by leading a workforce summit using our Future of Work Florida “Summit in a Box.”
5. Learn more about the Future of Work Florida Initiative and address your company’s talent needs by contacting and exploring the resources available through Florida’s following education, workforce, and training partners.
6. Contact Rachel Ludwig, if your company is interested in joining our Future of Work Florida Advisory Board to invest in efforts to secure the future of Florida’s workforce.
Future of Work Florida Career Spotlight Series
Mike Rowe – What Would I Say to Kids?
Career Spotlight – Marine Mechanic
Career Spotlight – Line Worker
Career Spotlight – Firefighter Paramedic
Career Spotlight – Commercial Pilot
Career Spotlight – Assistant Project Manager (Construction)
Future of Work Florida Podcast Player
Thank You to Our Future of Work Florida Advisory Board Members!
Interested in joining these leaders and their companies in securing Florida’s current and future workforce? Contact Rachel Ludwig at firstname.lastname@example.org.