2017 Florida International Trade and Investment Conference
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Registration and Continental Breakfast Ι 7:30 a.m.
Welcome and Introductions Ι 8:30 a.m.
- Opening Keynote Address
Morning Plenary Session Ι 9:00 a.m.
- Florida FDI Report Release
The release and presentation of Florida Chamber Foundation report on Foreign Direct Investment in the state. This report will highlight challenges, opportunities and strategies for Florida to grow its share of FDI.
- Global Innovation Begins Here
Knowledge and Technology as a Driving Force of Florida’s Economy: This session will focus on Florida’s network of innovation and industry clusters for companies that are doing business domestically and internationally. These networks are a vital component to attract knowledge-based foreign direct investment (FDI) which contributes to Florida’s success as a global hub for trade.
Forum Sessions Ι 10:30 a.m.
- Forum 1: Unlocking Florida’s Potential
Session will focus on foreign direct investment strategies and cover a strategic approach to leveraging Florida’s assets to attract investment.
- How to leverage Florida’s assets for location based investments to manage their U.S. supply chain more effectively
- Strategies for maximizing Florida’s innovation ecosystem to attract investment
- Marketing the state as export platform to potential investors”
- Forum 2: Global Florida: Breaking Into New Markets
Session will focus on trade and markets access and cover:
- Financing and access to capital to help expand your global foot print
- International markets of opportunity to access untapped potential
- Strategies to mitigate risk associated with doing business internationally
Luncheon Keynote Address Ι 12:00 p.m.
What Lies Ahead: Florida’s Call to Action Ι 1:30 p.m.
How does Florida’s business climate, innovation ecosystem and workforce help position the state strategically to remain competitive, create jobs and grow inbound investment?
Conclusion Ι 3:00 p.m.