Taxation and E-Fairness
Where We Stand: What this means for your business
The Florida Chamber supports a fair and equitable taxation system that discourages government from determining winners and losers through unfair tax policy. Florida’s brick and mortar retailers are at a competitive disadvantage with the current tax system tilted in the favor of online retailers. By closing this massive loophole, Florida will be more competitive and save more small business jobs.
Why We’re Doing It
According to a National Conference of State Legislatures report, Florida stands to lose $1.48 billion in uncollected online sales tax revenues in the 2012 fiscal year.
What We’re Doing: 2013 Bills
- SB 316: Nancy C. Detert (R-Venice)
- SB 88: Gwen Margolis (D-Miami)
- HB 497: Jared Evan Moskowitz (D-Coral Springs)
- One-Pager: Taxation and E-Fairness (PDF Document)
- Florida Alliance for Main Street Fairness
- Where We Stand
- How They Voted
- Legislative Report Card
- The Florida Scorecard