The Florida Chamber Political Institute (FCPI), the research-based arm of the Chamber’s political operations department, understands the candidate selection process is vital. FCPI was founded by the Florida Chamber in 2003 and under the leadership of veteran political strategist Marian Johnson has grown to a network of over 70 of Florida’s most politically active companies and associations.
FCPI researches each candidate extensively and interviews every single candidate running for office (that’s hundreds each cycle) and compares their stance on issues to the Six Pillars and their actual voting record. This allows Florida’s business leaders to see where each candidate stands on the issues before supporting them
The Institute also conducts routine polling, which provides the insight needed for our political operations to manage millions of dollars in political contributions. FCPI offers essential statistics and vital information on statewide races, as well as at the legislative district levels.
Political Assistance Provided to FCPI Members Includes:
- Identifying, educating and training future candidates
- Interviewing all candidates running for office
- Conducting political research that reflects pro-business causes and candidates
- Hosting briefings to keep members abreast of issue trends and candidate viability
- Providing training to executive lobbyists
- Offering political counsel and recommendations to Florida businesses
- Polling Florida voters to identify views and trends
- Offering customized and specialized issue research
Contact Marian Johnson at (850) 521-1241 or mjohnson@FlChamber.com to find out how you can become a member of the Florida Chamber Political Institute.
Political Institute Advisory Council
Director of Legislative Affairs - Florida Electric Cooperatives Association (Tallahassee)
Regional Manager, State Legislative Affairs, Government & Public Affairs - Florida Hospital (Orlando)
Senior Policy Advisor, Legislative Affiars and Administrative Rulemaking - Metz, Husband & Daughton, PA (Tallahassee)